Denefield school pupils fall ill after eating cannabis cakes
The pupils ate cakes, not the one pictured, which contained “cannabis or a cannabis-related product”
Six children were taken to hospital and others had to be treated by paramedics after eating cakes laced with cannabis at a school.
The pupils, all aged 14, were taken ill at Denefield School in Tilehurst, near Reading, on Friday.
A student had taken the cakes onto the school premises and handed them to a “small number of friends”, West Berkshire Council said.
It added a pupil had been permanently excluded as a result of the incident.
The local authority said the students were treated at the school’s first aid facility and then by paramedics before six of them were “admitted to hospital as a precaution”.
It said the “adulterated” baked goods had contained “cannabis or a cannabis-related product” and the incident had left the secondary school’s staff “deeply concerned by this isolated and unprecedented incident”.
‘Committed to student welfare’
For more go to https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-berkshire-50814056